Welcome to Purton Surgery
The doctors and staff at Purton Surgery in North Wiltshire are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
Having trouble reading this website?
Using Internet Explorer click View and Text Size
We have been looking at how we can improve access to Practice services; DoctorLink is our new online service where you can:
- Access advice
- Book appointments online
Sign-up is simple and you can create an account here
For all urgent appointment, we ask that you undertake a symptom assessment through DoctorLink.
The symptom assessment will ask you a number of questions to help to identify your problem.
The outcome of your assessment will direct you to the right treatment, whether emergency care, your GP, nurse or self-care.
If your outcome indicates that an appointment is required at your GP Practice, you simply click on the “book an appointment” button and book your appointment directly.
If no appointments are available, you will see a “request an appointment” button, please click this.
Once the request has been submitted, you will then be contacted by the Practice Team, to arrange an appointment within the identified timeframe (as outlined in the outcome of your symptom checker).
The information you provide will be shared with our clinical team (where appropriate) and will assist in providing robust information of your problem to the required clinical team member prior to your appointment.
PURTON SURGERY ADVICE - CORONAVIRUS
We are getting quite a few queries from patients asking for Drs letters regarding self isolation for their employers.
Please see below the latest guidance on this
Please find below a link to the Government guidance. This guidance covers the whole of the UK population and not just those who have been sent a letter by the government.
The primary purpose of the letter sent by the government is to identify the 2% of the UK population who are at critical risk of infection. The remaining 98% are still at risk and need to manage this risk alongside their employer.
You can decide if you need to self-isolate and discuss with your employer. In the first instance your employer should offer you remote working. If this is not possible then you will need to consider whether you fall into the furloughed employee category - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-you-could-be-covered-by-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme
Beacause you are well enough to work, however unable to attend work because of the risk of contracting Coronavirus, GPs are unable to offer a fit note to cover this period. You will need to work with your employer to resolve this situation.
We would like to inform patients that we remain open as usual. Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak we are now changing how appointments are booked.
Online booking has been temporarily suspended and we will be starting a same day telephone triage service with each doctor and nurse practitioner.
By doing this we aim to reduce patient - patient exposure. The government guidelines are changing daily and if you are concerned you may have coronavirus please visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 for an online self-assessment and information.
If you have an upcoming appointment at the Surgery, we are advising anyone with a new continuous cough or temperature to self isolate for 7 days (this includes children) DO NOT COME INTO SURGERY. Please call the surgery to cancel your appointment.
Thank you for your support.
GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
In line with the new General Data Protection Regulations we have uploaded our Privacy Notice on our GDPR page which explains why information is collected about you, the ways in which it is used, who it is shared with and how we keep it safe. It also explains how you go about accessing this information and how to have any inaccuracies corrected or erased.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRACTICE LEAFLET
(Site updated 08/06/2020)