Purton Surgery developed a Patient Participation Group last year in order to promote communication between patients and the Surgery. This group works with the practice to offer the patients perspective on the services that are provided. They also encourage patients to take more responsibility for their health and provide practical support. Purton Patient Participation Group or "PPG" (group for patients as the group have named themselves) has developed a newsletter which is available via the PPG Newsletter tab.
The Group also helps to encourage patients to take more responsibilty for their health. There is a notice board in the waiting room at the Surgery for the group and they now have an e-mail address. Also you can follow the group on Facebook and Twitter, click on the links below:
If anyone wishes to leave messages or information for the group you can do so by click on the Contact us tab, emailling firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping/posting the information to Purton Surgery.
Why a Patient Participation Group would benefit Purton Surgery
- Meet regularly as a committee with representatives from the surgery
- Work with the practice to improve patient experience
- Raise funds for items not NHS funded
- Arrange and organised themed evenings regarding health issuses
- Produce a regular newsletter
- Meet with other patient groups to share good practice