- To provide medical care that is comprehensive, competent and compassionate.
- To emphasize prevention and education to enable you to share responsibility for your own health.
- To develop a readily accessible quality service that is sensitive to local needs.
- To maintain a highly trained professional team ready to help you.
With these rights come responsibilities, and for the patient this means:-
- Courtesy to staff at all times, remember they are working under the doctors orders.
- To attend appointments on time or to give the practice adequate notice that they wish to cancel. Lateness or non attendance inconveniences other patients and wastes appointment time.
- An appointment is for one person only, where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made and that patient’s notes will be available.
- Patients should make every effort to consult at the surgery to make the best use of nursing and medical time. Home visits should be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience,